The Asian-Pacific Ministries Department at the Southeastern California Conference strives to be kingdom builders for our community. Our churches have been steadily growing in not only membership, but also in stewardship. This has led to an increase in tithe. Amongst the various ethnic groups, our churches offer annual camp meetings hosted by the Japanese, Samoan, Filipino, Korean, Indonesian and Chinese congregations. Our churches have been blessed with committed pastors and lay leaders who strive to fulfill God’s mission within their ministry.
The mission of the Asian-Pacific ministries is to equip world changing disciples so they can expand God’s Kingdom. We will equip these disciples through the churches and collaboration amongst the Asians and the Pacific Islanders in the Southeastern California Conference territory.
Asian/Pacific ministry provides services such as:
Highlights of the Last 5 Years
The Asian-Pacific membership reached 7,885 as of December 2012, or 11.3% of the total conference membership of 70,893 as compared to 7,440 in December 2007, or 11.16% of the total membership.
The total Asian-Pacific tithe for the past 5 years (2008-2013) was more than $35 million.
A total of 877 members were added to the conference membership through baptism during the last five years (2008-2013).
Goals for the Next 5 Years
The goal is to empower, equip and enable Asian-Pacific pastors and leaders to be more effective and to have healthy growing churches. To accomplish this, our plans are to:
- Establish a multi-cultural and multi-generational awareness and resolution through conferences and workshops.
- Equip ownership and leadership amongst the 1.5 and 2nd generation Asian-Pacific Americans
- Asian-Pacific American church Planting
- Continue to have effective Empower Ministry Leadership Conferences.
- The conference provides training, resources and spiritual fulfillment specifically geared for lay leadership. This is for pastors and lay leaders to be empowered, equipped and enabled to serve God in their respective churches.
- Expand membership through intentional soul winning.
- Assist the health of the church through natural church development assessment.
- There are 6 components that must come together to successfully start a new church of any kind:
Loma Linda Indonesian Church Dedication
Empower Ministry Leadership Conference